Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Run away

For the Past few weeks on Tuesdays we have been writing a sensory piece of writing. I choose to do it with Cara and Klaudia. The Run away


     The Runaway



I was running away from home after the latest fight between my mum and I, when I fell over. An excruciating pain shot through my back and up my spine. The world went black. Moments later I was in a  potato sack, being thrown into the back of a van. Rough and scratchy against my skin. Juddering. I felt the van starting to move. Where was I going? I wondered. We drove for what felt like days, it was probably just a few hours. When we stopped we were parked on the side of a road I thought. 


All I had on me was my phone. But when I was thrown in the van the screen cracked. I was lucky enough for the phone to still work. I tried to call someone for help, but I had no reception. 


Then I noticed there was a tiny hole  In the sack. I squinted my eyes looking into the hole. I thought I saw the figure of my dad. I got frightened because the last time I saw him was when I was 6. But recognised him straight away. But why would he take me?


Through the blur of the potato sack, I saw him jump out of the van and yank open the door in the back.. The sack and me, was pulled out of the van and I was shoved onto the driveway. 


What is he going to do to me?!



Madison, Cara and Klaudia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.